Monday, August 6, 2007

Getting Close to Departure


Here is an image of the region where I will be.

I am getting close to my Departure to Europe. Today I booked a hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark. I will arrive in Copenhagen on August 17th, and will stay at the Copenhagen Strand Hotel for 3 nights. On the morning of the 20th I am going to take a train to Lund to begin my program there. I originally planned to go to Stockholm, Sweden for the first few days, but I realized that I would spend most of my free time traveling to Stockholm rather than visiting it. This has made Copenhagen a much more viable option. There are some sites I want to see there, such has Nyhavn and Christiania. The day that I arrive in Copenhagen, there will be a Mew (Danish band that I recently discovered) concert that I might check out. Other than these plans, I am going to do my best to enjoy European life and try to assimilate into the European culture.

No comments: